Create Fun Learning Moments with your Child while Making a Super Simple Yummy Banana Crumble….
Most toddlers are extremely curious, love to hang around you and want to be a part of everything that you do. While this can appear to be disturbing to you as you are busy with your daily chores, you can use this same curiosity and channel it in a much more constructive way by including them as a part of your daily activities.
Cooking and baking with kids and engaging with them through it can prove to be a very powerful tool. You can subtly introduce various concepts to them such as nutrition, simple maths, kitchen hygiene, understanding of the time required for the preparation and so on. Chopping soft bananas with a butter knife, arranging the pieces in a bowl, sprinkling chocolate chips properly and such activities can also help in developing their motor skills as well. Such simple, fun, loving and engaging interactions with parents, also helps in building the self-esteem of the child. So get your kitchen aprons on and get their little hands and minds working and harness their curious energy in a fun way.
Also kids are much likelier to eat the exciting treat that they themselves have prepared without any fuss. This gives you the chance to add nutritious ingredients to their preparation which they otherwise won't eat. Here is a super simple Banana Raisin Choco-Chip Oats Crumble recipe which you can easily make with your children.
Ingredients (For 6 small ramekins for baking or small microwavable bowls) :
4 ripe bananas
1 cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup raisins
1 cup uncooked oats
1 tsp powdered/icing sugar
2 tsp oil
1. Along with your little one, peel the bananas and chop them into slices with a blunt butter knife into small rounds. Here you can count together in a fun way as to how many rounds slices come out of each banana. Arrange these round slices in the small ramekins for baking or small bowls in case of using the microwave.
2. Now sprinkle some chocolate chips over the banana slices. Again, you can count together as you sprinkle them over the bananas.
3. Sprinkle some raisins on top of the chocolate chips.
4. Now again add a layer of banana slices on top.
5. Now in a separate bowl mix together oats, sugar and oil. Rub this with your fingers or allow your child to gently rub the mixture with his/her fingers. Now sprinkle this oats mixture over the banana layer.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C or incase of using a microwave, put the bowls in the microwave for about 4 minutes. The oats must get slightly toasted and turn brown in colour. You can use this waiting time together to help in cleaning, washing hands and showing the clock hands till it reaches 15 minutes.
After getting out of the oven or microwave, allow the crumble to cool for a few minutes and then sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top and enjoy.
It is the most wonderful sight and a very fulfilling experience for a parent to watch the children enjoy their yummy self-made treats. Enjoy the delicious banana crumble together and click some pictures and savour these small fun learning moments of life. Such fun and loving interactions go a long way and help build a child's self-esteem. These are the memories that your children will remember with fondness and will cherish when they grow up.
So have fun creating them in such super simple and yummy ways….